As Autodesk continues their Move to One Model for software delivery, they are offering big incentives to convince Maintenance customers to switch early and become Subscribers.
Beginning June 15th, Autodesk is giving all Maintenance customers the option to switch to Subscription while maintaining their current discounted Maintenance pricing for the next 3 years.
Why should we switch?
Is it only pricing or is there a technical advantage? What would compel me to move my perpetual Maintenance licenses over to this new Subscription model?
First, the Autodesk Industry Collections are a superb value.
If you have use for any 2 products in the Collection, it’s a savings to Subscribe and get them all. The additional cloud, collaboration, analysis and visualization tools can be leveraged without additional overhead. For instance, beginning June 15th, Autodesk renewal prices will be as follows:
- $1,075 to renew a seat of Civil 3D on maintenance.
- $1,075 to renew a seat of Building Design Suite Premium on maintenance.
- $1,155 to renew a seat of Infrastructure Design Suite Premium on maintenance.
- $1,075/year – switch any of the above seats to a Subscription to the AEC Collection
Lock in this price for the next 3 years, until your 2020 renewal, guaranteed, with no advance payment required. And it’s the same price for network seats!
Customers with seats of Infrastructure Design Suite Premium can actually SAVE money for the next 3 years if they switch to Subscriptions of the AEC Industry Collection.
And, CAD Masters is currently offering 50% off training, or 2-for-1, for anyone switching to an AEC Collection. Choose from any of our regularly scheduled training classes including AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D and more.
Other advantages of Subscribing include:
- Buy only what you need each year since you don’t need to maintain perpetual seats.
- Get access to new technology only available to Subscribers.
- Subscription network seats work with your current configuration of LM Tools.
What if I don’t switch?
Autodesk just raised the price of Maintenance subscription by 5%. This trend will continue for those that don’t switch and become Subscribers:
- 5% increase in May 2017
- 5% more, 10% total increase will happen May 2018
- 10% more, 20% total increase will happen May 2019
We will continue to update this blog entry as news develops. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.