We all need to save a little time and work more efficiently. So, we decided to put together a handy list of essential AutoCAD Commands and Shortcuts. You can also download a printable version HERE
AutoCAD Commands & Shortcuts
- F3 – Object Snap (on/off)
- F8 – Ortho Mode (on/off)
- F12 – Dynamic Input (on/off)
- PDFIMPORT – Converts a PDF into a CAD dwg.
- GEOGRAPHICLOCATION – Places a true scale Aerial map into your CAD dwg.
- DC – DESIGN CENTER – Useful for copying items from another drawing (i.e. blocks, layers, styles, layouts).
- M2P – Mid Between 2 Points – Snap to a location between two points.
- MA – Match Properties – Copy properties (i.e. layer, rotation, styles, size) from one object to another.
- AL – ALIGN – Aligns objects with other objects in 2D and 3D.
- DI – DISTANCE – Measures and lists the distance from one point to another in the command line.
- DIV – DIVIDE – Creates evenly spaced point objects or blocks along the length or perimeter of an object.
- DR – Draw – Changes the order in which objects display when on top of each other.
- F – FILLET – Places an arc of specified radius at the intersection or extended intersection of two objects.
- O – OFFSET – Creates concentric circles, parallel lines, and parallel curves.
- TR – TRIM – Trims objects to meet the edges of other objects.
- LA – Displays the Layers Properties Manager.
- PR – Displays the Properties Palette.
- QC or ‘QC – Displays the Quick Calculator (‘QC works while in another command).
- NCOPY – Nested Copy – Copy individual objects from an external reference or block reference.
- CHSPACE – Change Space – Move an object through a viewport from paper space to model space or vice versa.
- RE – REGEN – Regenerates the entire drawing from the current viewport.
- REA REGENALL – Regenerates the drawing and refreshes all viewports.
- PUBLISH – Plot multiple sheets at a time.
- FIELD – Creates text that automatically grabs information from your drawing.
AutoCAD Issues? – Try These Commands:
- OVERKILL – deletes overlapping duplicate objects
- PURGE – removes unused layers, blocks, styles, etc.
- AUDIT – checks the current drawing for errors and attempts to fix the errors.
- RECOVER – Repairs a damaged drawing file.
- RECOVERALL – Repairs a damaged drawing file along with all attached xrefs.
- WBLOCK – Select geometry and re-save out to a new file.
(Requires: Map 3D or Civil 3D)
- GEOMAP – Displays a map from an online map service, in the current viewport. The map is available only if you are signed in to Autodesk A360 and the drawing file contains geographic location information.
- MAPCLEAN – Drawing cleanup helps you improve the accuracy of your maps, correct common map errors (resulting from surveying, digitizing, scanning errors, for example), and remove unnecessary detail from complex maps.
- MAPIMPORT – Insert georeferenced vectors (i.e. .SHP).
- MAPINSERT – Insert georeferenced image formats (i.e. .JPG/JPW, .SID/.SDW, .TIF/.TFW).
- MAPWSPACE – Enables the Task Pane for connecting to GIS data sources.
If you are looking into purchasing AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT subscriptions, CAD Masters is offering 25% off one-year subscriptions through September 15th